Here in the U.S., the first Monday in September marks the end of summer. Labor Day is a holiday to rest from work and enjoy the last of summer — a three-day weekend for many.
Is it just me or does it seem like summer just started? Time is accelerating and I’m hanging on for the ride.
Yesterday, I noticed children climbing into cars lined up at a middle school, and at first, I thought it was for June graduation. Go easy on me, folks. 🤪 In my day, school always started after Labor Day, never before.
With the last days of summer upon us, I’ve been reflecting on past summers.
Have you ever showered outside at a campground or the beach?
This morning in the shower, I lifted my face to feel the water splash over my cheeks. I closed my eyes and, for a moment, I was ten years old again standing in the outdoor mountain shower at summer camp. As the cold water rinsed my body, I was excited, filled with wonder and anticipation for the day’s events.
Life seemed endless then. Flowing from one activity to the next, my whole life lay ahead of me. “Being here now” was easier then, especially on that summer day at camp.
Meditation and mindfulness moments, like those in the shower, can add a peaceful timeless quality to your life.
My daily meditation of Sun Above and earth Below probably started then, especially since I love doing this in the shower
Imagine the sun — a golden orb over your head with the rays pouring over you like honey, covering your body.
1. Inhale deeply, breathing in that golden light through the crown of your head. Imagine the golden light filling the inside of your entire body, behind your eyes, and into your throat. See it traveling and beaming light into every cell of your body. Now picture the sun’s rays enveloping the outside of your body.
2. Allow the light to travel into every area, every nook and cranny and, where you find tension, breathe in even deeper and blow away the stress with each outbreath.
3. Imagine roots growing out from the soles of your feet, traveling deep down into the crystalline core at center of the earth. There is a glowing, shimmering, emerald globe of healing green energy, where the roots take hold.
4. The green healing light from the earth’s emerald center is drawn up those roots, traveling back up through the soles of your feet and all throughout your body, mixing with the golden light energy of the sun.
5. The emerald green and sparkling gold lights swirl together, forming a cocoon of protective energy. See, sense or imagine the light surrounding you, and shielding you from any negativity or interference from the outside.
6. Say to yourself or out loud:
The sun is above me, the earth is below me.
I am safe and protected.
I am connected to source energy.
I am aligned with the sun, the earth, the universe and beyond.
All is well.
Do this for a few minutes a day, in or out of the shower, and you’ll feel centered and refreshed for what lies ahead.
Enjoy the last weekend of summer!
Access a guided meditation to rewire your brain to positivity: Positive Affirmations. Click here.
Are you a spiritual seeker or student of mystic arts? Once a month, I lead a small group on an intimate meditative journey where we access guidance from our Akashic Records. Let me know if this resonates with you by clicking the link below or leave a comment.